Thursday, May 07, 2009


Just one last chance to plug something before the SPExpo in Bristol... Cthulhu Tales issue 12 has my first ever (and quite possibly last) US published story. A 10 pager written by Shane Oakley, I've raved about it previously, I'll have some precious copies with me at the show. Also, I recently fought off the apaches to get my copy of WESTERN...in it I have a six page tale written by John and Leah, I don't have any copies for sale, but my table pals WILL... get 'em signed by numerous contributors at the same time. Talking of John and Leah they very graciously gave me a shot at a 'page test' for Dracula and Sherlock Holmes, very kind of them to put my name forward, but sadly Dynamite didn't like my style. I picked up SHERLOCK HOLMES today, to see what the chosen artist did... and I have to say it's a great job and the story unfolds very nicely indeed...go out and buy it now! Same with the Dracula comic, I checked out the artist...a very talented newcomer CORLTON WORLEY has PAINTED it. Why not order both, you won't be disappointed.

Hopefully I'll be able to get SHANE OAKLEYs (and Alan Grant's) CHANNEL EVIL this weekend at Bristol. Signing off for now.

2 comments:

Gary Crutchley said...

Have a great time, Dave. I'm just sorry I couldn't make it.
Pity about Dynamite saying no.
That would have been something to see.

John Reppion said...

Dave,

thanks for your kind words about Holmes mate. Can't wait to see the Cthulhu Tales story (Shane's sending us a copy).

You should post your Holmes and Dracula tryouts as they were both superb! We'll get a series together on of these days. ;)