Wednesday, December 30, 2009




Welll...end of the year again eh? Where does the time go? It's been a while again, so I thought I'd post my last blog for a year. 2009 - It's been a busy one... consisting of about ten A3 pin-ups, 10 Dark Avengers sketch covers for a retailer in the US, 50+ individual painted sketches for my OBSCURA sketchbook, 81 pages for the gn, 156 rough layouts (again for the gn) and a few other odds and sods along the way...that's not too bad considering I can only hit these things at weekends, though recently I have started trying to do something in the way of sketching in the evening here and there too.

Just finished a page that I really liked, here it is in the ink stage...with an additional panel after the shading stage.

Also managed to snag a pic of one of the dark Avengers covers (after being CCGed).
Hope you all had a great Christmas and here's to a Happy and prosperous New Year to you all.

3 comments:

Leona Preston said...

I've put off commenting on your blog for so long because I just didn't know what to say. I think it's about time though, that I let you know just how much I admire your work and how much it inspires me!

I've been trying to work on a graphic novel myself (http://leopreston.deviantart.com/art/To-Die-For-97306243) for a while now and I was so glad that I came across 3 original copies of your Springheeled Jack comics. They keep me going!

So just to say, keep doing what you do best and although I'm a quiet one, I'll continue to read your entries and follow your work with much enthusiasm!

Kind regards,
Leona

David said...

Thanks for the comment, Leona, very kind of you. Very often you can feel like your work doesn't get out to many people----talking of which, your own work is very detailed, your delicate pencil work and expressions really bring out a lot of character. You have also managed to couple technology and traditinal work together in a really polished finished product. I look forward to seeing the finished gn. All the best for 2010.

Leona Preston said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the encouragement! Yes, I have to agree with you there, although it feels like we shrink back into a dark corner to work on these projects! I really hope things do go well and all the best to you too for Madam Samurai! Love your work! :)